My first encounter with Kira back in 2005 was so intense that we waited a year to discover each other again. It was all worth the wait. This Chicago-bred nightingale shines wherever she goes, and she's got the whole deal: she writes, sings and produces her own songs. You may have heard her sultry voice providing some extra aural sweetness to BQEZ, her jazzy-funk-hip-hop band based in Boston/Brooklyn. She has been working hard on her much-anticipated solo album scheduled to come out this year. She is and will remain my one and only classy freak.
KIRA
songstress, poetess, muse, sexiest tech nerd, stylist, supawoman!//////////////////////////
WHAT DO YOU DO? Singer/Songwriter/Software Developer/Fashionista
TRUE BEAUTY IS…balance
BEATS…are addictive
TRUE SEXY IS…depth
MUSIC IS MY…heart
ART DOES NOT…dictate
MY NIGHTS ARE…restless
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…music ... and girls girls girls ... and whiskey ... and dancing ... and spandex ... and platform boots ... do I have to choose just 3?
SELF-KNOWLEDGE …is like the air.
ENOUGH OF …judgement
MY CREATIVITY IS…boundless
TRUE POWER IS…unwavering belief
LIFE CAN BE THE...the test of your vision and the unexpected delight of your senses
TO LOVE IS TO…be selfless in your generosity and bold in your vulnerability.
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….i feed my soul and follow my intuition.
Photobucket
Check the technique here.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I first heard about Chesca from my homie, disco jockey Kon. I actually never met her, but she definitely deserves to be highlighted here. Hailing from the land of Italo Disco, this lovely diva is bringing back the fattest analog sounds and boogie grooves... she is one of the new artists to watch in 2008.

CHESCA

electro queen, singer, songwriter, fashionista, DJ/////////////////////////////////////////
WHAT DO YOU DO? i make music. i dj. i write. i try to sing.
i also sell fluorescent briefs to hipsters to pay my bills.
WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHERE ARE YOU AT? i was born and raised in Southern Italy but I've been moving around a lot.
right now I'm in London.
TRUE BEAUTY IS…innocence.
BEATS…i enjoy making them.
TRUE SEXY IS…my new mixtape called Chesca's System.
Out really soon.
MUSIC IS MY…salvation.
ART DOES NOT…say anything, it suggests only.
MY NIGHTS ARE…way too short.
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…alcohol,dark skin,belladonna.ooops
SELF-KNOWLEDGE…mmm yeah
ENOUGH OF …rain. clouds. fuckin uk.
MY CREATIVITY IS…strictly connected to my hormones.
TRUE POWER IS…sitting in a room doing nothing
and being totally confortable with it.
LIFE CAN BE ...good.sometimes.
TO LOVE IS TO…forget about your damn self.
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….im honest.
THE WOMAN OF THE FUTURE…will have easily replaceble components.
WHERE CAN WE REACH YOU?lately on the 149 around Shoreditch.
yeah, at www. myspace. com/cescamusica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top