We are plotting a movement over here in Brooklyn. Yolanda Zama, Sarah White and Eagle Nebula are three of my favorite women who happened to be outrageously talented. In my attempt to support their creative journey, I helped to organize their joint show, FROM THE SOURCE, coming up next week. The ladies styled their own shoot, while beatmaker/photographer Protius, Sarah and myself were documenting the project, and I designed the flyer after the shoot. This is how we do...we support each other in ways we can.

Below are my behind the scenes photos from our shoot for the upcoming FROM THE SOURCE show. To read more about the performers, the whole concept behind us coming together and to see more photos by Protius and Sarah, go to WRONGLIPS, my other blog with Sarah W.

Wronglips & Dope Swan present:
FROM THE SOURCE

Thursday, May 8th 2008, Doors open: 8pm, Show starts at 8:30pm
Location: SMOOCH, Organic Cafe and Wine Bar, 264 Carlton Ave (off of Dekalb), BROOKLYN 11205 [Take C to Lafayette Ave, G to Fulton St + 5 mins walk]
FREE EVENT !!

Eagle Nebula, Sarah White & Yolanda Zama behind the scenes
Photobucket
Sarah White aka Artistic Bling. She's got skillz
Photobucket
The beautiful Eagle Nebula. I love this woman.
Photobucket
Behind the scenes
Photobucket
Directors of Mischief, Bella & Lichiban
Photobucket
Sarah, Eagle, Yolanda & DJ Don Cuco (you might catch him spinning afrobeat & latin grooves on Sundays at Habana Outpost)
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top