Kiva is a "beautiful mind" of the music world. From what I can tell, he lives, breathes, transmits music 24/7. He is one of the local pillars of the broken beat scene, and he has been know as the developer of his own unique genre of music called STUTTA-STEP, "a formula derived from extracts of dub, afro-cuban, broken beat, and two-step discovered in his lab in NYC. As a part of the BROOKLYN MASSIVE collective, he has organized some of the baddest parties in BK ranging from underground roof top parties (like those at ADIOS BABYLON, his recording studio/art space/creative h(e)aven) to upscale hotel events. ADIOS BABYLON hosted Waffletronix, one the greatest brunches/freestyle jamming sessions of my life, a spontaneous day of free-flowing music with my BK music fam. Currently, KIVA is on tour with SHAPE OF THE BROAD MINDS and with WILLIE ISZ taking Europe by storm.

KIVA
artist, producer, musician extraordinaire, story teller, educator /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

WHAT DO YOU DO? Artist/Producer/DJ/Musician
WHERE DO YOU CALL IT HOME? BK
TRUE BEAUTY IS…my friends
BEATS…BROOKLYN BEAT BLOSSOMS KEEP POP-PA-POP-POPPIN'
TRUE SEXY IS…mind body soul + pvc
MUSIC IS MY…contribution
ART DOES NOT…care or compare
MY NIGHTS ARE…when I get my Count Dracula style studio sessions done
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…musica, mangos, & mamacitas
SELF-KNOWLEDGE … get it, got it, good
ENOUGH OF …G-Dubya
MY CREATIVITY IS…from the other side
TRUE POWER IS…solar
LIFE CAN BE THE...way U want
TO LOVE IS TO…begin within
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….I stay on my grussle, my hustle, my grind-24-7 rain snow sleet or shine
THE WOMAN OF THE FUTURE…baby daughters of today
WHERE CAN WE REACH YOU? www. adiosbabylon. com / myspace. com/adiosbabylon
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2008? My new LP "Degrees of Freedom" is dropping now, also hitting the road this summer as live guitarist for hip hop projects "Shape of Broad Minds" & "Willie Isz" featuring MCs Jneiro Jarel & Khujo Goodie of Goodie Mob performing at some of the biggest music festivals in the UK & Europe! hope to take it stateside soon!


Now check out Kiva's dope podcasts....This 'Resonant Pathways' track is craaaaazyyy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top