A couple of weeks ago, I pulled this image off the web to comment on this incredible record cover. Dirty Mind is the third album by Prince, released October 8, 1980. According to the New Rolling Stone Album Guide, "Dirty Mind remains one of the most radical 180-degree turns in pop history. " PRINCE is completely androgynos here and is completely fearless about it. He doesn't care about fitting into any stereotypes and yet in his androgynos way, he is sexy as fuck. His sheer creative power and sex appeal makes him one of the most charismatic living artists today. I have all the respect for artists who get to this place of freedom, and I mean in all aspects of their self-expression. The power of his music is coming from this complete fearlessness.

Anyway, I only realized later why I had this image lingering around. The realization came after I listened to RAYE 6's new track, UNIVERSAL LOVER. This song is bad!!! and is coming from the same kind of fearlessness (go download it, here). The more I listen to it, the more I realize how genius it is...the world is about to be at Raye 6's feet, I'm really excited for her. And I'm also thinking, that the picture I drew of her and Prince is an image of the future that I would like to see manifest. Imagine that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top