I've been working on several parallel projects behind the scenes, so blogging has been lagging. I have a new solo show coming up in August at the new LOTUS Temple of Visions Gallery in Brooklyn featuring some new (and some old) collaborations with Livingroom Johnston, Ibrahim Yaqut, WEZN, House of Nassat, Quan Luv & Mega (A.L.I.E.N fam), Marylin, G4 and some surprise guests. This one is one of the many new pieces I'm working on. It's a piece for little goddess, Kimaya (her name means 'divine' in Sanskrit). She is going to be an avatar of LAKSHMI, the Hindu goddess of wealth, prosperity (both material and spiritual), light, wisdom, fortune, fertility, generosity and courage; and the embodiment of beauty, grace and charm. I love working on this, her beautiful energy is definitely coming through the grains.
I am a self-confessed ginger-head. Ginger tea, candy, shandy, dark & stormy, you name it (I do love the health benefits of ginger as well)... I was shocked last time when I saw that the ginger beer I was drinking has 57 gr of carbs from high fructose corn syrup. YUK! But I finally found the perfect alternative which combines two of my favorite things, ginger & jasmine tea, and has none of the disgusting corn syrup. I'd love a little more bite from the ginger, but it's the best option out there I know of.
The same day I discovered the ginger ale, I was on my way to do some photocopies on my bike. The address was totally wrong, I found no KINKO's but clearly there was another purpose for me being there>>>I came upon a huge number of art books thrown out on the sidewalk and they couldn't have been more relevant to what I'm working on!! give thanks for the blessings for the cosmic ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top