Check out the third clip from Bilal’s 2010 album, Airtight’s Revenge, for the song “Levels” ft. Erykah Badu, Thundercat, and Shafiq Husayn (who produced the track). The video was directed by none other than Steve Ellison (aka Flying Lotus). This song is one of my favorites of the album and it couldn't have gotten a better treatment.

FlyLo expanded on the visual theme of the video for his own track mmhmm, also created by Special Problems.  “I originally wanted to keep visual themes with another video from my last LP called ‘mmhmm’ off of my last album,” says Ellison. “It featured Thundercat as an intergalactic bass player in a super strange world created by ‘Special Problems’. Since Thundercat was part of this song, I thought it could be fun to continue the visual style and feel of this space opera. In the end you have this crazy video made of so much mixed media, geek dreams and lots of love.”

in case, you haven't seen this interview, this is my fav I've seen of
Bilal - Culture King Interview from Culture King on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top