I have survived my first weekend as an art vendor at the Portland Saturday Market and here are some pictures to prove it:
Portland Saturday Market
Portland Saturday Market
It was a super cold raining weekend thus I heard a lot of vendors complaining of low sales...so I dont feel too disheartened at not making my goal of sales for the weekend. I did have some great purchases and some amazing conversations with people who stopped by my booth. I also was thrilled about how friendly my neighbor vendors were and how easy I made friends with them. The crafty vendors seemed to greatly out weighed the art vendors but i did find a few and had a great time talking, comparing notes and getting some great advice.
Speaking of advice, a few days before the market weekend I did a faerie oracle reading in which i pulled 'Iris of the Rainbow' and her message was pretty much "be aware that a lot of work is ahead but the outcome is glorious and fruitful." So im going to keep at it! I don't think its profitable to go every weekend,rain or shine so i will be a lil more choosy on which weekends i vend. But i am very excited that my artwork passed the jury, i survived my 1st weekend and that im now set for the rest of the year.
How was your weekend? any new ventures?
Many blessings,
-Chelsea Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top