The return of A.L.I.E.N, NY's underground art collective/ streetwear brand has been getting a lot of buzz...not for nothing, the ninjas of A.L.I.E.N (my cosmic fam I've been collaborating with since my first Samurai show in BK) have already had an enormous legacy in shaping today's pop-culture. Now it's our time to unleash some serious groundshaking work we've had developed during our hybernation period. Stay tuned for A.L.I.E.N gear, events (yes, the return of C'est Noir), collaborations, and new KONOGO.MIX projects.

I borrowed this write up from the Anmlhse fam to give a little background...I couldn't have put it better...
"Before “streetwear” was popular, and still in it’s pre-adolescent stages, there were very few brands that were new and just as innovative as the OG brands. Before Mishka, before ONLY NY, there was A.L.I.E.N. NYC; the 1 and true urban streetwear brand that kept it strictly for the creative, open-minded and innovative street kids. I was fortunate enough to reach out to co-creator; Quan Luv, when AnmlHse was first starting out and surprised at the supportive and driven nature of the brand as a whole. Back then, way before having a clothing line was cool, we were all taking risks but always being ourselves to propel our collective further. Everybody should remember the parties at Happy Endings with Ninjasonik, the secret loft parties with Theophilus London and Electric Punanny parties at Sway with Melo-X. Not to mention the respect they earned thru all of their Art Projects, Seasonal Collections, and innovative self-expression thru Fashion & Style. This collective, in my eyes, is singlehandedly responsible for many of NYC’s greatest movements. Ask anyone, who brought snapbacks back, years ago and it would be these guys. It’s great to see them come back out of hibernation and still going strong years later". [source]
check out the A.L.I.E.N NYC tumblr site for archival photos and to get a better idea what we're all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top