Today something very special happened to me. It was a beautiful afternoon, one of those hot yet balmy summer Fridays in Brooklyn. I was pretty exhausted after a whole week of hard work, little sleep, and way too many projects. I set out on a walk to find some space to breath and relax a little before I'd go back to yet another project. And that's when I met 12-year old Joshua, who as I can tell (pure intuition), is not only a very talented creative young man but is waaaay ahead of his time. (He and I met about a month ago, when I told him my name and that I am an artist, but I didn't realize this immediately). So Joshua was passing by me and after a short word-exchange, I found out that he was familiar with my work and had an amazingly deep observation about it. I was shocked and touched at the core...Thank you, Joshua, your appreciation of my work means so much, you don't even know. You just inspired me to do new stuff! And this encounter just made me want to give a shout to every single person who believed in me and/or was moved by my work enough to reach out to me about it. Thank you thank you thank you. Those words of encouragements were (and are) the fuel of my inspiration and drive to never give up and to always push the boundaries.

J, I'm sending you an excerpt from My Neighbor Totoro - 1988 Studio Ghibli film by Hayao Miyazaki, one of my all-time favorite Japanese animations.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top