As someone who loves animal patterns, I was immediately drawn to this sexy, over-the shoulder snake-skin bag my friend, Rucyl Mills, was wearing in this picture...I quickly learned that this dope "bag" is actually a wearable MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface, see a general description here) controller, equipped with keypads, knobs and faders that Rucyl built herself! Elektro-07, as she named her creation, is mobility combined with sexiness and artistic imagination...a device that enables its users to control any performance requiring a computer without having to be tied to a laptop on the stage. Being a tech nerd never been so fly!!

In Rucyl's own words:
"I built the elektro-07 so I could control the sonic and visual parameters of my live performances without having to look deep into the eye of my laptop, hunched over in computer music stance. I’m still learning how to play it.. Software wise, it runs a maxMSP/Jitter patch smoothly, connected to my laptop by a long usb cable."
Rucyl is a NY-based singer, electronic musician and artist. Make sure to reach out to her if you'd like her to make you a custom electro-07...it is clearly the future of live electronic performance. She was recently featured on the cool Create Digital Music site. Check out her music and her interactive works and read her answers to the My Girlfriends Rule questionnaire on my other blog with Sarah White, WRONGLIPS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top