The ORGANIC SOUL COLLECTIVE is one of my favorite photography collectives. Hailing from France, its members, DORLIS, HERMOSDEF (who was already featured here once a few months back) and KIJA are three of the most gifted photographers when it comes to "catching souls", as Dorlis describes his passion. These portraits are like dream catchers slicing moments out of the heart of beauty...I hope to achieve to channel into my portraits the intensity that these photos are able to capture. Follow the link to see Dorlis'and Hermosdef's page on flickr, and make sure to give them a shout on their myspace page (linked above).

DORLIS ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
WHAT DO YOU DO? Catching soul, I’m a soul admirer, Caribbean activist, dreamer, lazy ass
WHERE DO YOU CALL IT HOME? French West Indies
TRUE BEAUTY IS… innocence
BEATS… Meshell
TRUE SEXY IS… curves and rythm or rythm of curves
MUSIC IS MY…salvation ??
ART DOES NOT… mean anything it’s just a point of view
MY NIGHTS ARE… full of shiny days
THESE 3 TURN ME ON… wife, dream, soulfood
SELF-KNOWLEDGE … wooooooooww !!!!!!!! hum !!! well ……
ENOUGH OF … BUSH
MY CREATIVITY IS…the best way to speak the truth (I’m a serial lier)
TRUE POWER IS…having the choice to be a lazy ass
LIFE CAN BE THE...next milestone ????
TO LOVE IS TO…pay attention to silence
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….that’s the way it is
THE WOMAN OF THE FUTURE… !!!! is already sharing my life
WHERE CAN WE REACH YOU? organic_soul@hotmail.com
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2008? Hermosdef and I are coming to New York


HERMOSDEF
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

WHAT DO YOU DO? I capture moments in time, souls and wonders unsuspected by the naked eye
WHERE DO YOU CALL IT HOME? PARIS
TRUE BEAUTY IS…often overlooked. it hides in unusual places.
BEATS…by the late J.Dilla
TRUE SEXY IS…unconscious
MUSIC IS MY…fuel and daily inspiration, my bread, water and friend
ART DOES NOT…feed the hungry but it quenches a thirst
MY NIGHTS ARE…busy,sexy,and full of people. definitely better than my days
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…a witty mind, self confidence, pointy nipples
SELF-KNOWLEDGE …is the key to greatness.
ENOUGH OF …Hilary Clinton.
MY CREATIVITY IS…a reflexion of my individuality
TRUE POWER IS…total control over one's destiny
LIFE CAN BE THE...most wonderful thing, but, from time to time, she gets bitchy
TO LOVE IS TO…share, forgive and respect
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE…my girl Licsi said so
THE WOMAN OF THE FUTURE…is so self-confident that she just attracts real men and scares away the unprepared
WHERE CAN WE REACH YOU? Where music lives, and on hermosdef@gmail.com (hermosdef. com when the site is up and running again)
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2008? 2 exhibitions in Paris in June and July. My first trip to NY. A tattoo...maybe...and colours. More colours...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top