For the last three months, I've had a feeling something was not right with my 31-day unlimited MTA metrocard...It seemed like I was able to use it for only 3 weeks instead of the supposed 4 weeks + 3 days, so I finally decided to keep my receipt and check the next time my card expired. Sure enough, it happened again. According to my receipt, I purchased the card on December 9th, but my card expired on January 1st, instead of January 8th or 9th as it was supposed to! I called MTA, and told them what happened and was told that I am not the only one who had the same experience this week or in fact in general!!!! The MTA employee told me that he gets 3 or 4 calls a week regarding this issue. So it looks like there is some sort of a NY citywide phenomenon going on and the MTA is counting on you trusting their integrity by not keeping your monthly Metrocard receipt and matching it against the expiration date, just in case you suspect something might accidentally goes wrong with your card....if nobody realizes that it is a pattern, then it looks like a one-time mistake and you'll send in your card and they will refund you...case closed. Of course I can't know what the truth is based solely on my example, but I suggest you keep your receipt next time you buy a new card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top