I'm super proud of my friend KESED for being the one selected during a nationwide search for spoken word artists to feature in the 2010 Sprite Slam Dunk commercial. Poet/lyricist/MC/ & winner of 2008 National Poetry Competition, Kesed has performed with the likes of The Last Poets Abiodun, Dead Prez, Kamilah Forbes (producer of Def Poetry), Russell Simmons Def Poets, and Grammy Award Winning group Arrested Development. He is an infinitely talented artist, and now that he has conquered the poetry world, he is on to reaching new heights with his much-anticipated upcoming music project, part of which I had a chance to hear...it is one of the five albums that I am most excited about seeing released in 2010. (I also see him later on the movie screen, but that's another story). Kesed is one of my favorite peoples: amazing artist, a true seeker and the most generous person I've ever met. A definite artist to watch.

Check out an earlier K-SWISS ad -another inspiring piece- where he is featured as an artist.
I told him that he outdid Curtis Blow's Sprite ad...lol. (Some people might recall Sprite manage to get Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth and NAS on their ads too back in the 90s)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top