I'm sure y'all are anxiously awaiting the new Roots album, Rising Down, set to drop on April 29th. I am vert inspired by my interview with Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson and Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter two weeks ago at their Chelsea studio. The feature will appear in TRACE Magazine in the April/May issue dedicated to the theme of PEACE. I can't really reveal much of what we'd talked about, so stay tuned for the extended interview on my TRACE blog. All I can say is that this heart-hitting record is going to make you dig deep into your conscience and will hopefully wake up your inner watchdog. Check out the ill title track with Black Thought, Mos Def and Styles P....



Until the album drops, check their dope new video, directed by Ric Cordero...this track is pure HEAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top