On the occasion of WOMEN"S MONTH, I decided to highlight some of my ladyfriends. These women are real. They make things happen. Their creativity, positivity, beauty, spiritual depth and faith in positive change are a constant source of inspiration to me. They've got what I call FLOW--access to their inner power and awareness of their mission. Stay tuned for more to come!

SALLOME HRALIMA
(Dope Swan,The Stoop, Re:construction Period, Rebellion in the Hood)
educator/activist/poet/healer/life coach/dreamer/sexy mama/supawoman!!////////////

WHAT DO YOU DO?
I create programs and projects around youth, art, and activism that empower people and organizations - with the intention of aiding people in fulfilling on their dreams.
TRUE BEAUTY IS… un-messed-around-with.
BEATS… are best when they come from the heart.
TRUE SEXY IS… exuded through confidence.
MUSIC IS MY…energy-booster.
ART DOES NOT…need an explanation.
MY NIGHTS ARE…filled with dope conversations and fabulous events.
THESE 3 TURN ME ON… new ideas, driven/passionate/creative men, a great book.
SELF-KNOWLEDGE … begins with understanding that you are ignorant.
ENOUGH OF …war!
MY CREATIVITY… expressed in everything I do - from the way that I dress to the way that I write my name to the way that I live my life.
TRUE POWER IS… affording others the opportunity to live full lives.
LIFE CAN BE... access to spiritual evolution.
TO LOVE IS TO…remember what you're here on the earthly plane to do.
I’VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE…. I got it from my mama!


EAGLE NEBULA AKA MALAIKA BECKFORD
singer/MC, educator/activist/sexy mama/supawoman!////////////////////////////////

WHAT DO YOU DO? I'm an emcee
TRUE BEAUTY IS… the essence of ones soul shining bright!
BEATS…good beats can heal the world
TRUE SEXY IS…inner peace
MUSIC IS MY…attempt at transmolecularization
ART DOES NOT…be tryna act all cute
MY NIGHTS ARE…filled with astral travel
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…knowledge, wisdom, understanding
SELF-KNOWLEDGE …is the reason you came to the planet in the first place
ENOUGH OF …war, murder, capitalism, the idea of poverty,
MY CREATIVITY IS… just another manifestation of the most high
TRUE POWER IS…in the intention and will of the spirit
LIFE CAN BE THE...time to use your superpowers!
TO LOVE IS TO…partake in the sweet waters of life!
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….i'm on a conference call with my ancestors

BETTY BASTIDAS

photographer/filmmaker/educator/activist/sexy mama/supawoman!////////////////////

WHAT DO YOU DO? Photographer, Filmmaker, & Teaching Artist
TRUE BEAUTY IS…self-expression & Liberation
BEATS…afro-beats, life-beats
TRUE SEXY IS… hmmmmm
MUSIC IS MY…soul, my healer, mi son :0)
ART DOES NOT…exclude
MY NIGHTS ARE…a peaceful melody
THESE 3 TURN ME ON…courage, confidence, sincerety
SELF-KNOWLEDGE …is empowering
ENOUGH OF …injustice & inequality (BUSH)
MY CREATIVITY IS…endless
TRUE POWER IS…self-determination
LIFE CAN BE THE...SHIT!
TO LOVE IS TO…submit...& LIVE.
I'VE GOT FLOW BECAUSE….I am light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top