I just woke up to a devastating news...someone from France left an RIP comment on my post on Hermosdef aka Hermann Deza, one of my favorite photographers. Strangely, I just thought of hitting him up on my Blackberry messenger, as I've kept noticing the "missing person" notices on myspace that his friends posted up and was getting worried about him.

I discovered Hermann's work online and immediately fell in love with his portraits highly saturated with hue & soul. We connected and I featured him here as the Photographer of the Month a year ago (for which he immediately returned the love on his page) and then later we also did an interview in My Homies Rule Too section along with his Organic Soul Crew partner, Dorlis (read the feature here). Last time I communicated with him, he had plans to visit Brooklyn and I was looking forward to introduce him to my Brooklyn universe of artist friends. As I learned from a couple of his friends from France who reached out today, Hermann was missing since the end of December and was found in the Paris' river, Seine on February 10th. Nobody knows exactly what happened. It is a terrible loss, we are all devastated about this whole thing. My deepest condolences go out to his family.
See more of his work on his flickr page.




For those who speak French, here is an interview with him

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top