after several replay, i still have a hard time translating my feelings about this album... i've been waiting for an album from MOS DEF, but i didn't expect this...listening to THE ECSTATIC transported me back to the days of my studies & travels a few years back in search of sufi teachers; in many ways i feel THE ECSTATIC draws on the spirit of sufis, the ecstatics of the Muslim world.. this is elevating, inspired, illuminating music that comes from a spiritual place. a place of freedom to play, which shows in the sound that is diverse, sexy, mystical and experimental in a refreshing way. The Preservation Society, a super dope hidden gem, I've been following for a while, Madlib, Georgia Anne Muldrow & Oh No, the late J Dilla and Mos himself have done an amazing job with the production. the poetry & the production & the message-fierce. al-rahman & al-rahim. a time for awakening ...and not least, it is very good for my creativity, it inspires me to paint more when i listen to this...DO NOT SLEEP ON IT
get it on itunes.




CHECK OUT the original song 'Ince Ince'by Turkish singer SELDA BAGCAN, part of which the sampled on Supermagic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top