"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." (Jimi Hendrix)


My first musical experience and memories go back to my father's incessant listening sessions of Jimi Hendrix, whose music he managed to secretly record on his Telefunken mono tape recorder by tapping into one of the clandestine pirate radio stations blasting Anglo-American rock music to communist countries like Hungary (you can read a little more about that in my previous post). According to my mom, he was literally "obsessed" with Hendrix's music...he considered himself an outsider, and even though he didn't speak English, he knew the language of music intuitively. I still get really emotional when listening to Crosstown Traffic, which I feel like had a definite shaping influence on my infant brain. I believe if he was born in a different place and time, my dad would've become a guitar player himself, though he definitely passed on to me his passion for real soulful music. I remember being six years old and waiting for the radio to play a Pink Floyd record so we could record it on tape...ever since, my love for music was always up there with drawing. This post is as much as a thank-you note to my dad for introducing me to the sound vibrations of JIMI HENDRIX as an homage to the man himself whose spirit is still alive and whose spiritual message is more relevant now than ever. Also, I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my beautiful mom, who put up with both of our obsessions and who later managed to save enough money as a single mom to buy me my first stereo equipment when I was 14 (it cost her whole month worth of salary). Thank you!

The Love Movement is growing again...here is some inspiration



Well I travel at the speed of a reborn man // I've got a lot of love to give // from the mirrors of my hand // I sent a message of love // don't you run away look at your heart, baby // come on along with me today // well I am what I am, thank god // some people just don't understand // well help them god // find yourself first // don't you be no fool // here comes a woman // wrapped up in chains // messin' with that fool baby // your life is pain // if you wanna be free // come on along with me // don't mess with the man // he'll never understand // I said find yourself first // and then your talent // work hard in your mind // so you can come alive // you better prove to the man // you're as strong as him // cause in the eyes of god // you're both children to him //
everybody come alive
everybody live alive
everybody love alive
everybody hear my message

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top