I find that plans are made to be broken. This weekend's plans that i wrote out in Friday's blog post were quickly unraveled when i got home and found an exciting email waiting for me. I got a wonderful response from my craiglist add looking for pregnant models to participate in my body painting project. So guess what i did on Saturday?
Danny and I met our VERY pregnant model inside T.Ruth Artspace gallery (portland, oregon) at 10:am on Saturday and got to painting right away:
body painting process
I started the painting process at 10:00am and didn't finish till close to 4:00pm. We then photographed from 4:00pm-6:00pm so it was a looong day. But as always i thoroughly enjoyed myself. I love getting to know my models. Spending over 6 hours in very close proximity- you end up learning alot about each other. Her story was sweet. She is 38+ weeks pregnant and her baby bump was huge! It was amazing painting the soft smooth and firm flesh of the belly and watching as her baby kicked and moved around within. What an amazing connection!

Mother Goddess
(body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose
Model: Michelle Davis)

....in the initial email she wrote, answering my wanted add i knew instantly that she had a strong grasp of what i was interested in capturing during the art creating session.
This is what she had to say about the scared beauty and strength inherit in the pregnant woman and the pregnancy process:

"I have always felt that the pregnant body is captivating and empowered. In pregnancy we are home to one of the most complex, mysterious projects of nature - very close to the earth and very alive. Many movements in recent years that have celebrated the female have neglected this part of our being due to old trappings associated with motherhood. I think this robs us of one of our most sacred assets." -Michelle Davis.

Truth be told!

There are a lot more photos to be posted shortly so keep an eye out on my blog for updates.

Other then that i didn't end up working on a new painting yet. However i did quite a lot of varnishing. The Dread Goddess painting is now absolutely 100% finished since she has her gloss coat on. I also started 2 new pen and ink over acrylic artworks that i will be finishing tonight and listing for sale in our etsy shop.
I had good news on Friday that one of my paintings sold at InOtherWords feminist bookstore where I have my artwork being featured through the month of April. So i was super thrilled to hear that! Over the weekend we had a good bout of sales in our etsy shop which has pushed us over 90 sales...and we are now zeroing in on our 100th sale!!! Just a few more purchases will do it! Wow. I cant believe it! This is all wonderful news and very encouraging. My drive to create right now is fierce! I cant wait to get home and get to work.
Thank so much to all the supports our there!

So how was your weekend? Any victories( small or large) or tribulations?

Best wishes,
-Chelsea Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top