The organization I've been involved with as a teaching artist/ art mentor Voices of New York (VONY) recently teamed up with a New York-based architectural design firm Real Estate Arts (REA) to hold a week long art workshop called Kids Dream In Color (KDIC). Ten super talented kids were chosen to participate in a one of a kind art immersion where they had to recreate the Empire State Building using common, eco-friendly art materials. The challenge was to re-envision the building in the year 2400 as a green, earth-friendly building, a futuristic symbol of a new Empire State of Mind.


We used a 10-minute visualization exercise using my work, DORJE to time & space travel to the galaxy where DORJE would serve as an imaginary guide to introduce the kids to alternative ways of imagining a green future. I loved every minute of it: I was really impressed with all the kids' creativity & they were connecting with my cats, which gave me a lot of inspiration to push forward with the vision. Thanks to the kids, VONY & the amazingly hospitable staff of REA to make this possible! Check out more info & pics on Wronglips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top